Friday 14 October 2011

The Long Road

So, I've been persuaded into blogging my weightloss adventure as a hope to be an inspiration for other people who were/are like me out there. So you'll either love it or hate it but give thanks to Laurelle!

I'll start at the beginning:
I suffer with depression and I'm overweight. My depression isn't directly because of my weight but it is a huge factor in it. So, getting sick of feeling like I'm stared at when I go out of the house, I took to not going out of the house. For two (maybe more) years I hardly left the house at all.
I had a great job, great car, great future, but I gave into my depression and lost all of my confidence.

One morning, I woke up and decided I had to take my life back...
I went to the doctor who helped me find people to help me. Currently I am working with a therapist, with a health visitor and with dietians to lose weight and gain back the confidence I lost.

18 weeks ago I joined a slimming club:
Start weight: 26st 6.5lbs (or approx 168 kilos)

18 weeks later:
Current weight: 23st 0.5lbs (or approx 146 kilos)

Current weightloss to date: 3st 6lbs (or approx 22 kilos)

Am I an inspiration? I don't know - I still have a long way to go but I'll blog it every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Ey Steffi, i have known you for a while now ( about 3 years) and even though you are a great laugh, there is always this dark cloud above your head. But no more!! Its time to let the sun shine and enyoj it! Awsome job keep up the good work! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete