Friday 6 July 2012

Perfect... or not?

First of all, my apologies for not keeping this up to date like I said I was. My weight loss has been pretty up in the air at the moment, I think I am in one of my slumps. We all get them, we are only human after all. 
Everyone is unique but we are all the same in one way... our feelings. Everyone has them, everyone needs them, everyone battles them and everyone, at some point, tries to hide them.
For instance. The fact that I am in love with someone who, really, I know will never love me. But I can't help it, I've discussed this with him and unfortunately, I am not perfect enough for him. Perfect being the main word. But what is 'perfect' really?. 
Is perfect someone with good looks? a nice body? someone you can just talk too? someone with a great personality? someone who'd do just about anything for you? What is it really?
People say personality matters, but overall, it doesn't. If you don't have the pretty face or the perfect figure, a lot of people won't give you a second look.
The thing is, we all look for perfection. You may think you want to be with some hot looking guy with a good body, but chances are, this person will hurt you, yet in the sidelines is someone waiting to be with you, who, you don't give a second look too. Why? You know it hurts when this hot guy turns you away, yet you turn away the guy who wants to give you the world, just because he isn't perfect.
Now, if this guy actually opened his eyes and stopped looking through the 'perfect' glasses, maybe he'd see that all the perfection is in front of him, even with its flaws.
Flaws are what make us human, they are what make us different from everyone else, who really wants to be the same as the next person? Life would be so boring right?


I have to hold my hands up and admit that for a short time I lost track of why I wanted to lose weight. Originally it was for me, recently it has been to make someone else happy and unfortunately that has lead to me straying off my plan. I've got back on track now, my head is in the right place again.


I'm not perfect, I never will be. I don't want too be!


Be your own person and don't let your feelings spiral out of control, you'll only end up self-destructive.


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment